J. Michael Collins
With over twenty years as a professional voiceover artist, J Michael Collins has worked with some of the biggest companies, brands, sports leagues, and organizations on the planet.
In addition to his work in the classic, agency-based world of VO, J. Michael has established himself as the top authority on the subject of online voiceover casting.
Also recognized as an industry-leading coach and demo producer, J. Michael was the winner of the 2016 VoiceArts Awards for Outstanding Radio Commercial-Best Voiceover, Outstanding Political Announcement-Best Voiceover, and was the producer of 2016’s Outstanding Narration Demo.
Joe Cipriano is one of America’s premier voice over artists, representing the country’s top Television Networks, TV shows and Movies for more than 30 years. Joe is the recipient of the Don LaFontaine Legacy Award which is awarded based on character, longevity, talent, professionalism and the passion for giving back to the voice over community. His coaching in all things “Promo” is considered the ultimate Master Class in the genre, having worked with top talent from all over the world.
Some of Joe Cipriano’s work includes:
- Network Promo Voice of Fox Broadcasting Network since 1988
- Network Promo Voice for CBS TV Network since 1997
- Drama Promo Voice for NBC TV Network 2005 – 2007
- Promo Voice for ESPN Network since 2012
- Promo Voice Food Network 1999 to 2005
- Promo Voice Hallmark Movie Network 2007 to 2010
- Syndicated Promo Voice for: The Simpsons since 1988, The Queen Latifah Show 2014 -2016, The Harry Connick Jr. Show 2016 to date, Mike and Molly 2013 to date, The Talk CBS 2014 to date
- Live Announcer: Primetime Emmy Awards, Grammy Awards, Blockbuster Awards and many more.
- Network “In Show” Narrator: Hollywood Game Night, NBC; America’s Got Talent, NBC; Candy Crush, CBS; Make Me a Mogul, CBS; Kicking and Screaming, Fox; Big Fan, ABC; Repeat After Me, ABC; Deal or No Deal, NBC; 1 vs 100, NBC; Thank God You’re Here, NBC; Identity, NBC.
Hugh is the CEO of Gravy For The Brain, and has trained over 2,700 voiceover artists in person on the subjects of setting out in voiceover, gaming, how to create amazing demo reels, how to increase your auditioning conversions, how to setup and run a home recording studio, how to master advanced voiceover techniques and many more topics. Through GFTB’s online training, Hugh has trained over 36,000 voiceover artists around the world!
Hugh is an award-winning voice director and casting director. Hugh has worked on over 200 games, films, and television shows and is also a BAFTA judge.
Some examples of Hugh’s credentials include:
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- Fallout 3.
Hugh’s work has been nominated for no less than 4 awards for Best Audio Outsourcing at the gaming industry’s Develop Awards, and a TIGA award for best Service Provider.
- Strictly limited to ten participants.
Accommodation from Monday, September 25th (check in opens at 9AM,) until Saturday, September 30th, (check out as late as 10PM.)
Shared use of a Studiobricks recording booth.
- General amenities, (basic bathroom products and daily housekeeping.)
- Transportation from Barcelona Airport (BCN) to the villa, and from the villa to Barcelona Airport.
- All food and beverage, (including alcohol,) during your stay at the villa. In addition to formal meal times there will be an open kitchen and bar at all times with snacks and drinks.
- Chef-prepared breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the villa.
- Two restaurant meals with the group.
- We will do our best to accommodate special dietary needs. If you have food allergies or special needs please let us know when booking.
- Full use of the villa grounds including pool, tennis court, basketball court, horse riding, (at the owner’s discretion,) and common areas.
- White sand beach 400 yards from the villa.
One fully produced demo (your choice) chosen from the following categories, (Commercial, Promo, TV Narration, Imaging, Pharma Commercials, Automotive, Political.) Demo production includes the full standard service from J. Michael Collins, including hand-written scripts, award-winning production, and a dedicated remote recording session where you will be directed through your reads. *Demos will be produced upon your return home and directed remotely.
One fully produced demo (your choice) chosen from the following categories, (Corporate/Industrial, E-Learning, Explainer, Medical Narration, Telephony.) Demo production includes the full standard service from J. Michael Collins, including hand-written scripts, award-winning production, and a dedicated remote recording session where you will be directed through your reads. *Demos will be produced upon your return home and directed remotely.
Over 40 total hours of performance-intensive small-group coaching from J. Michael Collins, Joe Cipriano, Hugh Edwards, and Imaging/Tech expert A.J. McKay on the following topics:
- The Conversational Read
- Gaming and Characters
- Radio & TV Imaging
- Home Studio Tech
- Thinking Like a Casting Director
- Building a Sustainable Career
- And more!